End of day two
Well, what a day! After a nervous start I’m now sat enjoying a bit of Mrs B’s Vanilla Custard and feeling really good about how people are using the site.
I”ve been slowing building the site in the background for a few weeks now, it worked for me and after adding a bunch of juices I started a small user test, then opened it up to and wow what a reception, can’t believe how much people seem to like it – here’s hoping that keeps up.
Some cleanups and updates for today…
- I’ve redone the site registration system so it’s a bit more fluid (added recaptcha and automatic signup)
- There’s no email verification now but you’ll need correct details for any password reminders
- Rearranged the sidebar a little so new juices are up top
- Added the side bar to all pages
- Added a jump list to the sidebar for quick access to vendors, it only shows vendors with reviews and might get a but big eventually, but worth it at the moment
- Added update profile button (you can now add some extra information here, which will add your name and bio to juices you upload along with creating a page where you can keep an eye on anything you submit)
- Users aren’t able to review something as they upload it, rather they give thoughts and comments to set the stage – this is to try and reduce any potential abuse from bulk uploads by anyone with top marks
Fifty reviews made today, and lots of signups. Very exciting times!